I thought I would put a spin on this week's Tuesday Ten... Ten Things in my Grocery Cart. I have a family of four, yet I belong to not one, but two major warehouse clubs. I pay for the priviledge to shop there. I go weekly because it really does save a ton of money. Here's what you'll find in my cart:
1. 36 eggs. Weekly. Mike and I both eat egg whites for breakfast daily. 2 eggs each times 2 people times 7 days = 28 eggs. The rest are usually eaten by the kids or in baking. I think we need chickens!
2. 2 loaves of whole wheat bread. We make a lot of sandwiches for school lunches. Well, that was particularly true until Dylan went on a sandwich strike, so now we also have:
3. Giant bags of frozen chicken nuggets. The health-conscious person inside of my CRINGES at the thought of chicken nuggets almost daily... but I guess it could be worse. He could have french fries with that ;o) He does eat very healthy aside from the nuggets. Another example of how well he eats?
4. 3 gallons of skim milk. Yes, most of it is consumed by Dylan. The rest of us consume our fair share of milk, but Dylan is the milk kid. Maybe that's why he's so tall?
5. Giant pack of sliced, white American cheese. The kind which is NOT wrapped in plastic, thank you. We have enough in our land fills. We did go through a lot more when Dylan ate cheese sandwhiches.
6. BIG containers of dish washer detergent. It's a lot cheaper. For the same reason, I also buy
7. BIG containers of laundry detergent. With a Dylan, you do a lot of laundry. I can't imagine how much laundry Cat does with 3 little boys.
8. Large packs of batteries. I buy the rechargeable ones, and Sam's Club has great buys on large packs of rechargeables. Because anyone with grade school kids knows how many batteries we use!
9. 50 lb. bags of dog food. Diesel is 100 pounds - he eats a lot of food.
10. Kids bathing suits. The best kept secret? Sam's club and BJ's sells last year's model Speedo bathing suits (for girls) for $10, and boys shorts/swim shirt combos for around the same price. We have a pool and the kids go to summer day camp - we go through a lot of bathing suits!!!
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment