Saturday, May 12, 2007

Morgan's First Holy Communion

Morgan celebrated her first holy communion today. It was wonderful to have enough family to show up at the church that we took up more than one pew! Dylan made it through mass (barely, lol). Morgan looked beautiful. I'm so glad I took the time to curl her hair into ringlets. Not an easy task when you have poker straight hair that doesn't like to curl, mind you. Thanks to hair gel and loads of hair spray, it held! A majority of the other girls had their hair curled in some fashion. Our brunch with the family back home went well, we had a beautiful day to spend outside!

I also want to thank a very special friend - Melly. After much discussion and debate about dresses among my Mom friends, Melly offered to mail out her daughter's communion dress. It was absolutely beautiful. However, a last minute trip to the consignment shop for shorts for Morgan turned up a dress that Morgan loved. I am quite sure that if we had counted on finding one in a consignment shop, we never would have found one. On this special day for Morgan, I am also very grateful to wonderful friends.

I also happen to dislike how *I* look in the picture below, but today wasn't about me ;o)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Aaaaw. Morgan is so lovely, Dawn. She looks so sweet in her dress. And you look great too. :-)

~cat