Thursday, May 17, 2007

Conversations

I have worked part time (3 days a week) since Morgan was born. I knew, it was simply inevitable, that one of these days we'd have this conversation.

Dear husband: "Did you mail your truck payment today?"
Me: "Nope, I forgot."
Loving husband: "Jesus Dawn. You knew it was due in 5 days, and you FORGOT to mail it? What did you do all day long?".
Me: "What did you just say?"
Husband: "You f'ing heard what I said. What did you do all day long that you couldn't remember to go to the post office?."
Me: "Let's see. I woke up, took the kids to school. Hit the gym. After class we all headed to the sauna to check out Laura's new boobs. Which turned into a 4 way lesbian sex fest that lasted for ... it must have been 3 hours until we got interrupted. Then we changed, had a late lunch and I came home and took a nap until the kids got home."
Husband: "Did you really check out Laura's new boobs?"
Me: WHACK

So, what DID I do all day? My day started at 5am when the alarm clock went off for loving husband and I couldn't go back to sleep. Darling little daughter ran into the family room around 5:45 screaming that her palette expander fell out (it did, partially). We went to the orthodontist at 8am to have the other side removed until they could get her into the doctor to cement it in. 9am - drop loving little children off at school (and remember not to wave TOO energetically). Off to the gym! My favorite class - extreme fitness from 9:30 - 10:30. Home, shower, change, whip up a salad, run to get Dylan at school by 11:45. Home, feed Dylan, hurry to bathe the dogs before the rain sets in. I don't know about you, but washing a 50 pound dog and a 100 pound dog is not exactly a walk in the park. You have to tie them to your bumper (why, oh why does that sound soooo redneck?) drag out the garden house and the shampoo and the towels. 20 minutes and one aching back later (from bending over) they are washed and rolling in something oooey gooey sticky and.... smelly in the yard. Go back into the house and look at the mountain of dishes. Wash dishes, unload dishwasher. Negotiate what 6 year old and his playdate can and cannot play with. Frogs in the pond are off limits, trampoline is definately a go. Unfortunately, frogs seem to be more entertaining than swings, sand box and trampoline. Sigh. Instruct 6 year olds that rocks are not suitable for playing badmitten with. Add one more 6 year old to the mix after a whomping thunderstorm knocked out power and you have 2 boys and 1 girl streaking through the house SCREAMING. Oh my gosh, what was I thinking? 45 minutes later I loaded them into the truck and deposited them all back to their respective houses. Up to the bus stop, off to the store to run an errand. Which, unfortutely for me, did not include the post office. Add dinner and home work and baths to that mix and I wonder why I'm tired at night ;o) Oh, and I don't think my darling husband will EVER ask me again what I did all day long.

2 comments:

living in PA said...

ROFL, I can NEVER get to the post office and I don't work oustide of the home at all anymore. I am pretty sure that it was easier to get there when I worked full time and had day care. ;-)
LOL about the boobs though. That certainly deserved a whack.

Sarah said...

LOL funny. I like the lesbian sex thing, that cracks me up, and my dh would have said the same thing. And I was wondering today how I was going to give my dog a bath without him wandering off. NOW I know.