Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tuesday Ten

10 things people have said to me this week

1. Mom! I threw up again.
Morgan had a stomach virus that lasted 3 days. Blech.

2. You know you are 40 when no one but Dawn's husband beeps at you. I went running with Kristen and Kristen on Saturday. Sadly, no one beeped at us. Not even one dump truck. Where, oh where, are all the construction workers when you need an ego boost?

3. Hey Dawn! The UPS Driver just delivered my snatch box. Me: Great news! Now you can leave me alone tonight. Mike: Seriously, you think it's something like THAT? It's for the quad!

4. Hey Mom. You would make the best teacher ever, and I could spend ALL day with you. Dylan, doing his homework last night.

5. Okay Dawn. Now don't take this the wrong way. But what was wrong with the pedals your bike came with? Did you have to buy those shoes and clips? Hey Mike. Did I say one fucking word when the quad needed accessories like a padded seat for Dylan, the tree saver straps or the snatch box (whatever in the world THAT thing is).

6. Is this the most gorgeous weather ever? Said by just about anyone you ran into this weekend. Yes, it was the most beautiful weekend weather we've had in a L O N G time.

7. Mom! I hate Salmon. Funny, they ate all the grilled salmon and left the couscous. I didn't remind them that they hate it.

8. Ohhhhh noooo. We have CCD this morning? Don't remind me, I hate it too. Can't wait for the summer when everything just stops.

9. Dawn! The UPS driver brought ANOTHER package from you. What did you order from the Gap? Hmmmm..... Good question Mike. Tell me again how useful a snatch box is?

10. I love you Mom. Hey sweets, I love you. Wove you Mom. I love all of you guys too.

1 comment:

living in PA said...

Snatch box?! What is that thing?
I LOVE grilled salmon. Our kids do too...Thomas could eat it at every meal. He'd probably leave the couscous on the plate as well though.