Saturday, April 28, 2007

Midlife Crisis - part 1.

Last year was a pretty big eye opener for me. I was 38 looking at 39, pudgy, out of shape. I had lost quite a bit of weight and got myself down from a size 16 to a size 12, but the weight was starting to creep up again. I thought oh my gosh, if I don't do something NOW, it's never going to happen. So I joined the gym. I was previously estatic with 1 mile jogs. LOL. Now that's my warm-up. Today is my first formal 5k "race". I'm not there to beat anyone, just to compete against my head. I'll be happy to come in under 35 minutes. I think I can do it. And those 60 year people who will be running? My new hero's. I hope that will be me in ... 21 more years.

No comments: