Saturday, August 4, 2007

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y...

S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y. night
S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y.

I gotta get out of these overalls
They're throwin' a dance at the union hall
I just got paid so I got a little cash
I been workin' all week gonna have me a blast

LONESTAR

You would think I wouldn't appreciate Saturday's as much as other folks, since my weekend technically starts on Friday. Well, I love Saturday's. I run errands on Friday to clear out my weekend and have extra time with Mike and the kids. Today is off to a good start - out at 6am to run with Mr. D. It's going to be another HHH (hazy, hot humid) dog-days of August day. The humidity was high already, with pockets of fog in the valley. The sun broke out over the mountain when I was almost done running, it was big and red. Never a good thing. As my Mom always said... "Red sun at night, sailor's delight. Red sun in the morning, sailors take warning". Yup, it's going to be brutal again. I'm soooo thankful for my pool! 3.5 miles today under my belt, it feels good to get out early and get your run done before it gets crazy. The rest of today? I moved Morgan's riding lesson to Saturday (it interfered with my favorite Friday morning weight class, lol). Then a haircut, then packing for Maine and PEI. We leave next Friday!!! Morgan can't wait to see Uncle Fred and Aunt Jeanette's new pony... we've heard he's VERY sweet. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sooo love Monday's...well, at least I do when the kids are back in school! I can't get the house cleaned up when they are still in it!
Di