Oh yes, and thanks to my Mom for teaching me how to fish. I was the only girl on the boat who didn't need pole instructions! ;o)
Friday, August 3, 2007
My Shark !
Since Mr. Dylan swam with a sand shark at Assateague Island in June, I guess it was only appropriate that I catch one while fishing on a charter boat for fluke. Ha! We took a charter boat out fishing for a team event, definitely better than a dinner in my book! The fluke weren't running, but not of us were dressed to go fishing for blues. Besides that, I HATE bluefish. I had one of the first "fish" caught on the boat, and it was a sand shark! Yeah! The first mate unhooked it and let me hold it, I was pretty surprised at how "sandy" and leathery its skin felt. I should have flipped it around so you could see the top of it, but here is his belly. Oh - and for anyone feeling bad for the shark (do I have any PETA folks reading this?) he was released after the photo.
Oh yes, and thanks to my Mom for teaching me how to fish. I was the only girl on the boat who didn't need pole instructions! ;o)
Oh yes, and thanks to my Mom for teaching me how to fish. I was the only girl on the boat who didn't need pole instructions! ;o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Woohoo! That's awesome, Dawn!
cat
that is very very cool!
(btw... I can fish, but I don't take the fish off the hook)
Post a Comment