Monday, August 27, 2007

More Maine pix

There are so many things to look for at Gleason's Cove at low tide. Aside from really cool rocks, we've found crabs, salt water snails (I need my friend Cat to tell me what they REALLY are), urchins, barnacles. I need a tide book to tell me what the rest of the creepy crawly things are.

I almost forgot - if you want to see any of these pictures in a large format (not to single anyone out, but it's helpful for Dad when he forgets his glasses) just double click and they will load into a bigger version.
Me and the bopster.
What does Mike do for fun? Well, since neither his Harley or his Quad fit in the trailer, he was left with a truck tire tube and a wooden drift log. At least he had a FEW minutes of peace and quiet. If you double click and enlarge the picture, you can catch a glimpse of the edge of the fish weirs. The seals REALLY like swimming around the pens ;o)
And last but not least, the kids favorite thing to find each year... the "pirate ship" down the bank by the bay on my parent's property. Their property is on ship yard road - in the late 1800's they built ships on my parent's property. I'm not sure if this is the remnants of one of them or not, hard to place a date on the boat. But it's still somewhat there!!!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

I am loving all of the pictures, Dawn! no wonder you want to move. :-) Heck, I'm ready to pack up and move to Maine! Looks like you had a fantastic time.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful pictures! Makes me want to go on a trip there.

living in PA said...

Dawn, I LOVE all of the pictures!! What a beautiful place. Well, all of the places you have posted pictures of. I really love the top one here of M & D. They are adorable. I'm glad you had so much fun and I agree with Cat, I want to move up there also...it is gorgeous.