Ten Things I Wish I Had Time For
1. More gym time. Well, according to my husband during a recent disagreement, I apparently live at the gym. Do you count 1 - 1 1/2 hours 4 days a week living there? I wish I had more time. Like a full 6 days a week. I will settle for more running time or (when it magically appears in my garage
2. More time for errands and such. You know, those nasty things that NEED to get done like phone calls and food shopping. I HATE food shopping. It's one of those evil necessities in life, crammed in one my of my days off of work. Maybe that's why I hate it, I hate having things crammed into my days off of work.
3. More time to hang with the kids. They are at a seriously fun age. We took them hiking UP A MOUNTAIN on Sunday and we didn't have to stop to rest. And they aren't old enough to complain about it yet. I love unstructured, free time with the kids. Hey M&D, want to go to the track with Mommy? Yeah! Pack up the bikes, helmets and running sneaks - here we come!
4. More time to play with the dog. Diesel, aka D-man, is such a great, fun dog. He loves to run with me. When I take him. He loves to play frisbee. When I actually toss it to him. Maybe I'd have more time to play with him if I weren't out in the yard scooping up buckets of his... well... poop. Thankfully, he's a 3rd sibling of sorts to my kids. They love to walk him around the neighborhood, bounce on trampoline with him... I guess D-man doesn't have it so bad.
5. More time to clean my truck. There was a point in time when my vehicle was spotless. Washed, waxed, interior spotless. My truck was recently washed, and there isn't a disaster by most standards inside. But it does need a good inside cleaning, vaccuuming, and armourall-ing.
6. More time to cook GREAT dinners. Not just throwing the bazillionth breast of chicken on the grill. Not throwing turkey sausage into sauce with spaghetti. Something cool like chili rubbed salmon with some equally cool side dish. But then again, the kids probably wouldn't eat it.
7. More time to read. Sadly, my reading time is limited to the time I am locked in the bathroom in the morning. I've "graduated" from novels to Reader's Digest condensed magazine. Actually, it's pretty much just magazines. Luckily they include Organic Gardening and Prevention, so I'm not just staring at Pottery Barn and Talbots.
8. More time to sew. I love sewing. Most of my sewing time is now for necessities like hemming and repairs. Not making pretty little frilly sundresses for Mo. Most of my free time that was devoted to sewing was diverted to knitting. I would also like more time for knitting too.
9. More time during the summer. Our schedule is generally a lot more laid back during the summer. Wake up, go to the gym (kids in babysitting). Come home, hang laundry on the line, eat lunch and chill by the pool. That is my perfect day. No food shopping (sorry family, pizza again tonight!), no dentists, doctors and such if I can help it. Now, if only summer would give me 4 good months instead of 3.
10. More time with my husband. Alone. Without the kids. Well, not all the time, just enough to do something really fun like take the Harley out. Or go out to dinner without cajoling little people into sitting still and not blowing straw wrappers across the restaurant. Or taking the Harley out. Did I mention flying straw wrappers? ARGH.... Maybe I should just wish for my time by myself.

1 comment:
You mean, straw wrappers don't do it for you? lol! Whenever Abbie does that I always think "WHO taught her that annoying trick"....oh, ya...that would be me. ha!
Post a Comment