Thursday, March 1, 2007

Missing socks

My friend Cat recently wondered where her missing socks went in one of her Tuesday 10's.

Shhhh.... I have that one figured out.

To be fair, not really figured out, but I have come up with a system. It's brilliant. Really - just hear me out. Missing socks like to hide. We don't have time to find them - that would be like finding fairies out in the morning dew, or trolls under a bridge. And the kids lunches wouldn't be made, and dust bunnies would take over and attack. The trick is to out-smart the socks. Make them think you really don't care about them. So what, the left blue sock didn't come out of the dryer. Into the sock basket goes the right one. And so it sits, until the left one gets tired of hiding and finally comes out from the back of the hamper or from the leg of a pair of jeans, or even from the pocket of those hideously hard to fold fitted sheets. It still won't match coming out of the laundry because it's mate is in the basket. Toss it in the basket anyway. Ignore the impulse to immediately join them back together. They were BAD.... Once a month, grab the basket, and you'll be amazed at how many mates have re-connected. If dating sites could only come up with this many matches....

And the ones that don't get a match within a month? Revenge is sweet. Into the garbage can you go. Your mate will EVENTUALLY find you at the bottom of the land fill.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Shoot. I was all excited when I started reading your post. I thought maybe you had found my missing sock.

:-P

~cat