
Borrowed from my girlfriend Laura, who decided that sometimes, a bunch of sucky things just snowball into one big sucktastic day. I love her sense of humor, as well as her made up words. I have borrowed that term to generalize the whole situation with Mike. Yeah, he's lucky he didn't loose his leg. Yeah, it could have been worse. But darn it, he isn't himself. We can't put our house up for sale at the end of the month because Mr. fix it is down and out. Hell, we'll be lucky to be able to put our house up for sale in the summer the way things are going now. And pulling extra duty around the house - just kind of..... sucks. But I digress.
The nice part about this weekend is that I am able to take Monday off since my busy season is officially over, and I wasn't as pressed to get EVERYTHING done in two days. We took Mike out to lunch at Chili's today. We got there early and got a corner table and dragged an extra chair out for his leg. Then we hit Sam's club. Dylan was thrilled to stand in between Mike's legs and "drive" the electric wheel chair. After having a back seat driver with me all weekend (it's a wonder I ever made it anywhere on my own - sheesh) I sent Mike and Dyl through the store while Morgan and I picked up our stuff. When we got home Dylan and I unburied one of the chaise lounge chairs from the pool, brushed off the snow, shoveled the cement patio (it will be pavers SOON), dug out the cushion and let Mike chill outside for a bit. He promptly conked out for 45 minutes, because driving a motorized wheel chair through Sam's club is hard work ;o) Okay - so he has a crushed foot, he's allowed to get tired from his outing and fall asleep when we get home. Hey - the kids now help lug in the groceries! Oh. And tomorrow night is the fire department's Monday night meeting. I'm VERY tempted to drive Mr. peg leg over to the fire house and drop him off for a while. I think he needs to talk to men for a change ;o) And one more "driving miss daisy" comment from the back seat (or snarky comment about my down shifting or turning too fast in the crew cab duallie is going to warrant a smack in that foot hanging out on the console near my elbow).

1 comment:
Aren't you so nice cleaning off a chair for him. He looks nice and relaxed! Next time, pull up a chair next to him and just say 'screw it' for a little bit to all the stuff that needs to be done. hugs!!!!! Julie
Post a Comment