
Casey was my dog that I picked from the shelter. We had Tonka, who was pretty outgoing with a middle of the road toward strong personality. My sister wisely said do not get a pack leader, you'll have trouble! I went to the shelter on a day she wasn't there, and took the nervous nellie of the pack. She cowered in the corner during puppy school, much to my dismay. She was somewhat aloof - she liked to do her own thing. She got along famously with Tonka. And when he died and we got Diesel puppy, it took her a little bit to adjust. She kind of grew on him (or he grew on her) as he grew up. They were some team all right - very different than Tonka, but still a team. She'd hit the back yard barking up a storm because she couldn't see well, and he'd be right at her side. It was hard to find a picture of Casey - she always preferred to hang back away from the action. She had some really bad traits, but some decent ones too. She was always the first to chase the neighbor's dog out of the yard or scare away the bear. I'm really glad I took the time to pet her and tell her she was good - sometimes she'd really test your patience. It's never an easy thing to loose a pet. 13 years was a long time. Love you Casey. Hope you are having fun playing with Tonka.

2 comments:
((Dawn)) She sounds like a great dog.
Dawn, Casey was such a sweetheart and you are right...while she wasn't right there when we visited, she still let us check her out and pet her some and Julian loved her also (you already know she has a thing for Diesel).
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment