
No silver bells or cockle shells here - we plant more traditional things like tomatoes and peppers and lettuce. It's too cold to plant here - we don't set things out until early May. My friend Cat has been digging in her garden already. I'm very jealous of warm sunny afternoons at the moment, as our snow just melted! According to my calendar, we have approx. 6 weeks to go until we can be frost free and start planting in earnest. For now, I'll have to hope that the monsoon of a storm expected for tonight passes quickly and I can get into the garden without snow gloves and turn things over. Peas and spinach can be planted as soon as the soil can be worked - about 4 to 6 weeks before the last frost. So can kale and kohlrabi, but I really don't care for them. I have a few seeds started inside - tomatoes and peppers and hopefully some lavender. Now.... if I could only find some spare time.

No comments:
Post a Comment