Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Things

I need happy things in my life right now.

Happy things like> happy thing 1 and thing 2 eating chicken nuggets for Easter lunch (they aren't always so happy - so sharing nuggets turns into a Kodak moment).

And other happy things like > Dad's really amazing mirror which he made for me for Christmas. They have a similar mirror found in an artisan gallery in mid-Western Maine made out of cherry. It matches their to-die-for dining room set (also in rough-edge cherry). I like mine better, my Dad did a fabulous job with rough-edge birch. Birch is one of my favorite trees - I should post about the time they dug off a logging road in a thunderstorm for some birch trees for my yard ;o) I'm so lucky to have a talented artisan in the family!

2 comments:

living in PA said...

Beautiful mirror (and kids, of course). Your dad is very talented!

Anonymous said...

can I get a mirror and dresser just like that my friend? Those are beautiful and the kids ain't bad either!


Could Dylan look any more like Mike????

Miss talking to you my friend!