Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tuesday Ten

Technically, it's Wednesday. I figured you all would cut me some slack as it's hard to come home from work, cook dinner, put the kids to bed, then blog ;o) So, this week's topic? Ten Things That Make Me Unique.

1. I can SCUBA dive
. I can count on my hands the number of people I know who also can dive. It's amazing.... and unique. And for those of you who aren't in the know.... it's an abbreviation for Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus.

2. I was an EMT. Most of you know it's how I met Mike. I never expected to actually USE the things I have learned on my family. I was just completing school (and living at home) when my Mom had a heart attack. I actually knew what to do when the bike pedal punctured itself through Dylan's leg resulting in 16 stitches. I also knew what to do when he fell when he was 15 months old and stopped breathing (I was placing my slightly blue child on the ground to start CPR when he passed out and started breathing again). Phew.

3. I love the outdoors. Thanks Mom and Dad.

4. My kids. They have stretched out my tummy and my boobs, given me grey hair, and (thankfully) great pictures to hang on the wall.

5. I am athletic. My parents encouraged me to try just about anything when I was a kid. Even a field hockey goalie after getting my braces off. I swam more miles than I could even possibly begin to add up. I have recently discovered new sports (running and bicycling) and an hooked on exercise-produced endorphins. It's an amazing high.

6. I have dated completed idiots. It helped me find a great husband. It has also helped me identify idiots to stay away from in real life (hey, this guy is just way too similar to the "village idiot") .

7. I have an irrational fear of ghosts, and I have NO idea where that came from. My parents used to walk us through an old cemetary in Lake George. Even as a kid, I hated it, and wanted to go back to the car. I left a vacation once when I couldn't sleep at night - I just had this feeling someone else was there. Yup, we packed up and left. If we ever move, that will also be a question that I pose to the homeowners before buying. lol.

8. I am happy. Truly happy - with myself and my life. I may whine occasionally about not having a Jeep, but I have come to realize that material things do not equal happiness. Temporary happiness perhaps, but not contentment. I love the saying "Life is Good". It really is.

9. I can back up an Ambulance. Seriously, it *is* something to brag about. I couldn't drive the rig in my old department until I showed them I could back it up into the firehouse PERFECTLY straight on the line. I got it right the first time. And a small piece of trivia - I aways use my side mirrors to back up, I never turn around and look over the seat ;o)

10. I am self-sufficient. While it's always nice to have help, I CAN start the generator and power up our house in an emergency. I can use almost any of Mike's power tools in the garage. I can start a push lawn mower. And I can still dress up and be a girl. :o)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

LOL at #6. Me too.

Cat