Mike had plans to go riding today with a few friends. A call around 10:00 on Saturday night slightly changed his plans - everyone was coming here to ride up the mountain, vs. the harder trail the next town over. Our friend's daughter who is 13 just got a new quad, and the harder trail would not have been a good first time out for her. Everyone arrived around 11:00, my kids went on Dan and Heather's quads, I went with Mike (my first time out with him!) and another friend Jimmy came along on his quad. Mike almost flipped us at one point climbing a hill AND a log - he said he wasn't used to having the extra weight in the back. I think he was just trying to dump me ;o) We stopped at a clearing and were ready to turn back when Dan discovered his throttle cable was broken. We were EXTREMELY lucky that we were at a point in the trail where we could ride down a hill into a development in town. Mike and Jimmy headed back the mountain to our house to get the truck and trailer - Heather towed Dan to the downslope of the hill and we coasted into the development. I have to add - this is the development that has homes starting at only $800,000. I thought it was funny. We also met 2 people from that same development on quads on the trail - they were up fishing in the lake on top of the mountain. ANYWAY - we all got back home, had lunch. Jim left, and we headed back out (with Danny driving Heather's quad) into the swamp at the bottom of our development. See, without going far from home, we have mountains AND swamp! Cool ! Courtney did great her first time out. The guys were happily stuck up to the floor boards in mud (okay, time to get the winch out!), which seems to be the highlight of quad riding. I got to jump out into shin deep mud. Nice. Here are some pictures of our fun day.
The guys checking out the broken throttle cable

Taking a break in a clearing

Morgan and Courtney hanging out at the clearing

Girl Power!
I love the pink helmets!!
No comments:
Post a Comment