My post on facebook got me thinking tonight. I posted "I wonder where the clean up after the kids fairy is". I'm washing dishes at 9:00 at night thinking, you know, if I really had a few wishes, it sure wouldn't be that. So - Dawn. What WOULD be your first wish? The obvious one - money. Hell, it may not buy happiness, but it would sure buy a nice rack
. Sure as shit, no one is going to stare at my stomach and think I should double up on pilates classes if I had giant hooters. And it would also mean I wouldn't have to work. Don't get me wrong, my college education has landed me a NICE job. But the hours are long and the work is stressful. And it takes away from things like... my kids. Oh man, it sucks so big time walking in at 8:30 at night and seeing them tucked into bed and just giving them kisses and chatting for a few minutes about their day. Mom should be home to cook dinner and play! Uh oh, that sounds like the whole working mom guilt story. Moving along... I would most certainly buy Mikey that F450 King Ranch rusty-orange crew cab duallie. What's the difference between a F350 and a F450? Probably something like trying to compare a WalMart purse from a Coach - there IS a difference, probably towing capacity and wow! factor. Kind of like those giant hooters.
Hmmmm... my second wish? To slow down time. I love the song "Don't Blink". You spent so many years waiting for this and waiting for that (drivers license anyone?) and now that you have kids and they are really fun - life is just moving along and warp speed and I'd like to slow down and enjoy this time. Pretty soon they aren't going to WANT to be around Mom you know. ;o) Shhhh... don't tell them, maybe they will still like me in a few more years. I am fun you know!
My third wish - while I'm still in my 40's and Mike has his Harley and F450, I'd like to show off my giant mammaries while driving around in a Jeep. Just not going to let this one go.
Oh - what a bad Mom. How can I not wish for things for my kids? Morgan would have a Western show horse AND an English horse that would jump any fence put in front of it. And her own barn, of course. Dylan? He'd be pretty happy with a new camo quad. And he's still young enough that I could let him loose in the Target toy section with $200 and he'd think he died and went to heaven. Gotta love 'im.
My last wish? That someone would please go to CVS and pick up my prescription for me? Please???
1 comment:
When that clean-up fairy shows up, send her my way.
Cat
Post a Comment