Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tuesday Ten

They're baaaccckk! It's been a LONG while since I've done a Tuesday Ten and I begged my fellow blogging girlfriends to get it going again. Our first ten? Ten Things We Have Been Up To Lately..

1. Gardening! Spring has sprung - the grass is green - and oh sh*t. I wanted to move the garden last year because it got too shady and tomatoes by the pool aren't all that cool. First things first - dig up a LOT of grass. Carefully. Because we needed to transplant it into the bare spots left after our septic dig. Waste not want not, I guess, but that sucked! So, I now have peas, lettuce and spinach sprouting. Grass re-growing. And... I have TRAYS of seedlings down on my potting bench under grow light. Yeah!
2. The Barn. It's kind of a given that I'm always at the barn, but this time of year more than usual. We've spent some extra time grooming Sissy trying to get her winter coat out. She was just diagnosed with an overactive thyroid and her coat isn't slicking out. But we're getting there! And extra lessons prepping for the first show.
3. Working. Anyone on facebook has had to listen to me bitch and moan about work. I've officially gone from a 60% schedule to an 80% schedule, which means I don't have Weds off anymore. However, I am very happy I have a job, and reason #2 always costs $$.
4. Running. Aaaahhhh... springtime jogs with my girlfriends. The running group varies from week to week, but I love it. Drops the extra winter weight like a snap. And it's so nice to be outside after running on the treadmills all winter long. I had a 2 week reprieve because of a strained achilles, but I'm back in action and eyeing an 8 mile race in June.
5. Picking up after my slobbolas. Yup, it's a word. Don't believe me? Come by my house. Unannounced. Anytime.
6. Baseball! That's my boo-man!7. Cyber shopping at Athleta.com. I'm not sure what I covet more - the clothes or their bodies. I can't afford the clothes and damn I work out but I'll never look like those girls... but it's fun to look!
8. Reading Diary of aWimpy Kid series. I love that Dylan still likes to sit in bed and have me read to him. Sure, he could tackle quite a bit of the book himself, but I keep thinking this just can't last that much longer, so why not indulge?
9. Thinking about my life philosophy. A friend of mine recently formed a team for kids that didn't have try outs. Which sparked a great debate in my house about doing what's right for kids. Which led to charity events which you just buy tickets to attend something fun like the circus. What do the kids get out of that? Right. So Morgan is going to start volunteering for handicapped riding. We are looking for the right thing for Dylan - his bestest idea was asking people in school to fundraise to buy Bakkugon for kids who truly don't have ANYTHING. What a concept to him. He's got a house full of "stuff" he could sell if he wanted to, and some kids don't have a bed to sleep in at night.
10. Ripping CDs for spin class. My 5:45am instructor said he was open to new songs. So I took some really varied stuff off my running playlists. Pretty high engergy stuff. It's gotten 4 plays, great feedback and he said his high school sports kids love it too. Wow! Thinking about putting together a second CD.

Life is good.


No comments: