Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day

4 days after Mike's surgery, we get a snow day. Which, under any other circumstance other than busy season, would have been awesome. The storm came on a Friday - which is something I had actually prayed for in December. "Please, let all the storms in January and February come on Friday, my one day off during busy season." However, we are one week away from our client's filing date. The work and stress are mounting by the hour. And I was out on Monday and Tuesday for Mike's surgery. Thankfully I took mounds of work home and was able to sit at the dining room table for most of the day. Mike was happy to have humans around to talk to. After 2 days home alone, he has decided that he's really glad he has the dogs, but unfortunately they don't talk back to him. If they start talking back to him, I'm REALLY in trouble! Mike got out the giant box of little legos and built really cool things with the kids. He also sat like a sad puppy at the dining room table and watched me snow blow the driveway (twice). At one point he opened the window to try to tell me how to do something... to which I so kindly flipped him the bird, and yelled some obscenities, which I knew could not be heard over the engine and resumed my snow blowing duties. And... so our days go. Tomorrow? I run like hell for the chiropractor at 8:15 and try to sneak in some gym time. I also have to hit the dump because we now have a week's worth of garbage accumulating on the side of the house (thankfully it's COLD out), and we have a 12:00 noon basketball game for Dylan. I think Mike can manage to get into the building with his crutches.

No comments: