I believe that was some sort of signal to hang lights to attack. I am wondering if someone has hung 3 or 4 lanterns by my house! I have been talking to God lately. I keep telling him that I know he only sends you what you can handle. I hope I'm handling things the way I am supposed to! We are going through a lot with Dylan right now. He's having a hard time in school, and while we can handle him quite well at home, school doesn't seem to be his thing. Unfortunately, he needs school for a while. I spoke to his teacher today who will start the process to have him evaluated by the child study team to ensure he's not battling learning disabilities. I know he's a VERY smart child (as evidenced by the fact that he decided that if he put his papers under his desk, he wouldn't have to deal with them)... Sigh.
Then, (here comes the lantern part)... Diesel gets sprayed by a skunk at 5am this morning. I'm in the shower (bathroom door and windows closed)... I think I was on shampoo or conditioner when... sniff... sniff... sniff sniff sniff... Oh... my.... GOD! I bang on the wall that's adjacent to the kitchen and Mike walks in. I said who got sprayed by a skunk? And he says.... oh, is that what that smell is??? *&^%^$##&*^ ARGH. Yes, Mike, where is the damn dog? (he was in the kitchen eating his breakfast, and Mike thought there must have been some kind of vinegar in the pan, or one of the eggs went bad). Seriously. So, at 5:30 this morning Diesel got doused in skunk spray and washed in the driveway. Every window in the house flew open. He got shoved in the garage to dry and off we went to work and school.
The house still faintly smells of skunk. So does Diesel, he's in the basement for the night.
Mr. Dylan? He had a great field trip to an apple orchard. I think the child simply belongs outside...
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sorry about Diesel (but I knew about that one). I'm very sorry that Dylan is having a rough time in school. Dawn, that is so hard. You have such a smart, fun, and amazing young man. I'm sorry that he is having a hard time.
Post a Comment