Saturday, September 22, 2007

A Saturday Top Ten

My sister e-mailed me yesterday, she simply said "you haven't posted to your blog since September 8?". Yes, that's correct. I've been... busy. Well, busier than usual. Since I've missed a bunch of Tuesday Ten's, I thought I would post my own Saturday Ten, Ten Reasons Why I Haven't Posted to my Blog".

1. School started.
And so did football practice and home work and making lunches....

2. We are remodeling our bathroom. Most of my spare computer time has been to do research. Designing tile patterns. Researching shower niches.. picking out facuets and tubs and toilets, oh my.

3. Researching spurs. The kind that little cowgirls strap onto their boots to coax lazy horses into a canter. Trying to figure out if I can order spurs as a party favor for Morgan's birthday party (a trail ride) and not spend more than the trail ride itself. We may end up giving grooming tools such as brushes instead.

4. Researching saddles. It's time for Morgan to get her own saddle. It's one of those must have's once you start to show more often. Our first hurdle was English or Western (she reverted back to Western). The second hurdle was to become familiar with the brands and what to look for when surfing EBay, because even some used saddles cost over $1,000. Yikes.

5. Researching fall train rides in New Hampshire. Because we are spending Columbus Day weekend in Conway, New Hampshire to attend the Fryeburg Fair in Maine with my brother and my parents. While we are there, we will take advantage of the fall scenery by taking a fall foliage train ride. Coach, 1st class or dining car?

6. Catching up on e-mail. I have neglected a few friends of late. Actually, I have neglected quite a few things of late, including bills (I was 4 days late getting around to them, argh) and such.

7. I've been cooking. Not the gourmet meal type cooking, but the plan your weeks worth of meals because Mike now has afternoon duty which includes getting the kids off the bus, doing homework, feeding them dinner and back out to foootball practice by 6pm. It's slightly more manageable if dinner is cooked and in the fridge and ready to re-heat.

8. Laundry mountain. I have 2 loads of laundry in baskets on the couch right now staring at me, waiting to be folded. I hate laundry mountain.

9. Running errands. I now have 2 days of "free" time to run errands (and go to the gym). The last 2 weeks have been sucked up by Lowe's and the tile store. Next week will be the granite place. Yesterday I snuck in an hour at the gym AND a 5k run with my girlfriend. Note to self - do NOT do the gym prior to running EVER AGAIN. We are training for a 5k run on Thanksgiving morning, cleverly called the Turkey Trot. Somehow I have to figure out how to do that AND get dinner on the table.

10. Well, for once I'm stuck on #10. I think reasons # 1-9 are enough to explain why my blog hasn't been update for a while. And from the way it sounds, it may be more miss than hit. Okay, I promise to get some pictures on, if nothing else. Because darn it, Mike and I made some very cute kids.

No comments: