Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bathroom project

First, I cannot believe how much *stuff* I had in one 6 x 10' bathroom. I have towels over my wash machine, baskets of stuff on the kids homework shelf, there's a stacking drawer thing of more... stuff. The stuff in the linen closet alone was amazing, which really scares me to think about ever leaving this house and packing up all of our... stuff. But I digress. In the midst of job stress and Dylan stress and life, we decided to rip apart our bathroom. Because, we really (really, really) would like to have a small farm, and that ain't happening any time soon on 3/4 of an acre. And if we want to sell quickly in this market, our bathroom really needed an upgrade. Well, it's getting an upgrade. From the studs up!

Here's the lovely before picture... Oh, and for those observant types, it was taken after some of the tile was already ripped off the walls. We don't live like pigs for heavens sake. And during. Check out Mike, isn't he just awesome in his shorts and tool belt? Yup... my kind of guy. Which is why I married him.
And... after seeing the bathroom in it's current state, I am VERY happy to have a 35' RV parked in my driveway so I can shower in here.

1 comment:

living in PA said...

Wow, it really is gutted, isn't it?! I know...your married Mike because of his legs and tool belt and because he grills burgers and dogs for your friends while they hang out with you. :-) He's a good guy.
I can't wait to see your bathroom when it is done!