Friday, November 13, 2009

I need to come here more often!

For the last year I have literally been sucked into work - my client went through a merger and the volume of work on our end tripled. Literally. I was part time (3 days a week) for the last 11 years - since Morgan was born. I had to go full time to keep up the pace of work - and I feel like quite a bit of my family life has just been put on hold. Part of me is very flattered that they asked - I had the continuity and existing relationships with the client (and have done a good job to date), so it made sense. While my paychecks have been very generous (certainly not a given in this economy), my time with my family has not. My dream of doing a half marathon this year? Kaput. My running time is limited to the weekends and 5:30 am 5k's on the treadmill. Blech. House chores? Well, just don't come in and look for dust, because it's there. :o) What I did not sacrifice was Morgan's barn time and Dylan's games. This was his first year in tackle, and while he was a bit hesitant at first, he figured it out and can tackle with the best of them. Here's a picture from one of our away games - Mike helping Dylan gear up before warm up. Now, if I could only find someone to do laundry while I spend more time blogging....

No comments: