On the 21 of November my boo-man turned eight. He was VERY happy that his Grandma was allowed to come home from the hospital on his birthday!!! It was the very first question he asked when he bounded off the bus. Here's a pix of how he sometimes wakes up in the morning - snuggled in bed with a 100 lb. D-man.

Morgan's Lenape Indian Village:
The indians did not make the traditional stick-out-the-top teepee, but rather a dome shaped wigwam (I SWEAR I had a pair of wigwam moccasins when I was little!). They bent saplings into a dome and then covered it with deerskin. Our wigwam is made out of clay that was moulded and shaped over a bowl. Morgan also made a bench and a fire out of clay.

And last but not least... the wigwam canoe. Mike was in the hospital while his Aunt had her hip replaced, so Morgan and I made our own dug-out canoe. Darn Lenapes didn't build birch canoes because birch wasn't readily available. Grrrr.... We sawed off our stick, and grabbed Mike's chisels and hollowed out our stick for a canoe. I must have been tired because the angle of the canoe is wrong here in the pix - Mike did fix that when he got home. Morgan is VERY proud of her project and can recite many facts about the Lenape indians!

3 comments:
Love the project! Too bad Morgan isn't closer, we'd come over and hear her rattle of some facts. :-)
Love the picture of Dyl & Diesel.
Hugs to you, friend!
Cat
I bet Dylan's bed is the warmest in the house! Cute picture of him with the pooch.
Morgan did a great job on her project. :)
Good grief, who makes their students dig out wooden canoes? I guess it's a good thing Colorado's native americans built teepee's! Our kids have to go into the woods behind the school and throw dyed sheets over trees and wah lah! Teepees!
Post a Comment