Thursday, July 19, 2007

Happy Birthday.... to me!

Yup, it's here. The long awaited, much dreaded 40th. Quite a few people wished me a happy birthday (a good friend even sang to me when I called her.... Josie, you are the best). Overall it was very nice. Pretty pj's from the kids, much wanted bike shorts from Mike (my derrière will thank him after my next bike ride). An awesome ankle bracelet and 2 necklaces from my sister (you really need to sell your work!). What did I do for myself? I went out last week and got a tattoo. Not how many people would celebrate it, but I've had it printed out for a while, and decided I really wanted to do it to celebrate. I'm happy with it. Part of the design caught the reflection of the flash because I have ointment on it. But you can get a good idea from the picture (taken by my 8 year old photographer, if you were wondering).

And the best part about being 40? The fact that I got my sad 30-something body into shape. This year I am officially a size 8 (wowzers) and ran a 5-k. While I haven't competed in my triathlon YET, it's not far away. And I've adopted the most cliche saying we have at work.... "it is what it is". I couldn't agree more.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Dawn, I love it. It's beautiful! :-)

Happy 40th. Who knew 40....40 really is fabulous! :-)

Love, Cat