Thursday, January 25, 2007

My first hat!


Despite the craziness of the Holidays, a trip to Maine, and long busy season hours at work... I finished my first hat! I picked up this super, super soft yarn when Di came to NJ in November. I also picked up a scary looking pair of circular needles, and even scarier set of double pointed needles. I pulled instructions from the internet, and off I went! It seemed like forever, but after working on a few rows a night, I finally finished! It turned out smaller than I thought - it's a snug fitting hat that fits Morgan perfectly. I probably would have picked a more "girly" color for her if I knew it would end up being kid sized, but she loves it (did I mention it's soft??) and wore it to school and even had it on when she got off the bus!

I have discovered that I like knitting hats. Yes, it's slightly complicated and difficult at the end, but I enjoyed the challenge. And if any of my family is reading this... beware... you may just get hats next year for Christmas! :o)

No comments: