Friday, March 27, 2009

Where oh where are the crocuses?

Cat posted a beautiful picture of a crocus on her blog. Her way of saying it's coming - hang in there. It was 60 and sunny and a perfect day to be outside. I put the housework on hold and poked around our yard looking for crocus. And... I'm still looking! They are no where to be found! Evidently the squirrels and moles hit the mother load of crocus bulbs in the fall... I did see daffodil stems peeking up - but no crocus! I guess I will have to plant some more this fall, because crocus and snow drops are most certainly one of my favorite harbingers of spring. Thanks for thinking of me Cat!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Daffydowndilly is coming to town, In her yellow petticoat, And her green gown!

Show me some daffodils, woman! It won't be long before they show their cheerful faces. :-)

Cat

Elizabeth said...

Oh that's a bummer the critters ate the bulb. I love seeing the first spring flowers. The leaves are budding on the trees here and it looks like they are shaking off the gray winter.