Saturday, February 21, 2009

PHOTO CHALLENGE

I love my friend Cat. It's funny to say that you love someone you have never met in real life... I've "known" Cat for 8 years now - we "met" on-line when we were pregnant with our November 2000 kiddoes. Our group of moms has, for the most part, stayed together. I have not been on-line as much as I like recently because of my crazy work schedule called busy season. Tonight, tired of the news, I headed over to Cat's blog to find I've been tagged in a photo challenge. I laughed out loud because I haven't read Cat's blog in a while and there I was... almost like she knew I'd be there. Like good friends do I laughed - and accepted her challenge.

Open your pictures folder. Go to the 6th folder down, pick the 6th picture. Post it and write a quick blurb.


Mike and Morgan on our ATV on Cranberry Lake. We got together with friends (her parents live on this lake) and took our ATVs out. It was horribly cold (highs in the 20s) but we had a fire in a portable fire pit and a crockpot full of venison chili. What WAS unusual was that the ice was at a minimum 6" thick, it was 12" thick in most places. We've had such weird winters with extreme temperature flucations in the last few years that most lakes didn't even completely freeze, let alone freeze solid enough to take ATVs out. Yup, life is good - even in the winter.

Cat also went down to the bottom of her folders and went 6 up from the bottom. I had just cleaned off our photos onto CD, so I only had 7 folders to date. I just plucked one of my faves from the last folder - Morgan giving Sissy a kiss after their lesson. Man, oh man, it just tugs at my heart to see my little girl really bond with her horse. Morgan just loves animals, and Sissy is 18 and fairly mellow and still full of love. Especially for little girls with soft mints in their pockets. :o) Thanks Cat, I needed this today.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Aw, you made me a little sniffly. I love you too, sweets. Wish we were closer so we could camp and fish and hike together. And dish the dirt, lol.

Elizabeth said...

The first picture looks too cold, lol. Love M kissing the horse. Very sweet! How is she doing with the loss of her other horse?